Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Abstract Earth exhibition

Welcome to this blog.

If you haven't been here before that is. Usually I post here are purely about the Yarra Series of artworks that I have been working on for the last four years.

Today I am letting you know about my next exhibition entitled Abstract Earth opening next Tuesday. These paintings and mixed media pieces have a more generalised theme of the Australian Landscape. An idea I have explored through abstraction and highly textured surfaces. Showing for the fist time are recent works as well as many pieces from over the last 15 years.

Here's the invite!


This work gives you a broad overview of my long term interest in ways to represent the landscape. The pieces in this show explore the patterns, colours and textures in nature, and celebrate the distinct beauty and energy of this ancient continent of Australia.

I hope if you are in the area over the next couple of weeks that you might even drop in.

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Katie. Sad I won't be nearby to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry i missed your exhibition this year katie...ill make sure to attend the next one.

    i have been trying to find you on facebook with no success!! please contact me katie i'm the only effie chaniotis in australia...maybe the world!! might be easier.


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete